Monday, July 19, 2010

OSCON 2010 - Day Zero

It's my first time in Portland Oregon and so far I am impressed.  The city is clean, green and the people that I've met so far are friendly and appear to be genuinely glad to help.  There is also some great architecture here.

I landed last night and will be spending the week here attending OSCON 2010.  I'm excited about this convention, there are some excellent topics and some very smart people on the agenda.  I almost wish there weren't so many tracks to choose from, it makes the decision that much harder.  I can definitely understand Kevin Whinnery's comment: "wish I didn't have to miss presentations to give mine".

The Oregon Convention Center, where OSCON is being held, is huge.  The crowd this morning is fairly small, but the first two days of the five day event are optional tutorial sessions.  I anticipate it getting busier on Wednesday.

I'll try to post the interesting bits that I come across during the week.  Today will be mobile-centric with tutorials on Android and Appcelerator's Titanium. I'll post a follow up to these sessions later on Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment